Complaints & Dispute Resolution Policy
At Manage Your Loans, we pride ourselves on offering exceptional service to our clients. In the event that we have not met your expectations, we genuinely wish to hear from you to address your concerns in a constructive manner.
How to Lodge a Complaint
1. Initial Point of Contact
We encourage you to first raise your concerns with the person who initially assisted you. They are best placed to address your immediate concerns.
2. Complaints Team
If the initial contact is unable to resolve your complaint, or if you feel more comfortable bypassing this step, please reach out to our dedicated Complaints Team at:
Phone: 1300 156 541
Postal Address: Manage Your Loans Complaints Team, PO Box 1808, Darwin, NT 0801.
Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure
Stage 1: Your MYL representative will strive to address your complaint promptly. If the outcome is not to your satisfaction or if you would like a second review, you can request your complaint to be escalated to Stage 2.
Stage 2: A Dispute Resolution Manager will assess your complaint. This individual will, wherever feasible, be distinct from the original respondent of the complaint to ensure impartiality. Our response will be in writing, and it will include reasons for any decisions we have made.
If, after our internal process concludes, you are unsatisfied with our response, you are entitled to seek recourse via an External Dispute Resolution service.
External Dispute Resolution Services
1. Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA):
- Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call) or 03 9613 6399
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: afca.org.au
- Postal Address: GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
2. Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) (For Privacy Complaints):
Phone: 1300 363 992
Our Commitment to You During the Complaint Process
- We will acknowledge your complaint within one business day of receipt.
- You will be kept updated regarding the progress of your complaint at regular intervals, no longer than every ten (10) calendar days.
- To thoroughly address your complaint, we may seek additional information from you.
- Should we be unable to resolve your complaint within 5 business days of receipt, or if you request a written response, or if the complaint pertains to financial hardship, a formal Internal Dispute Resolution response will be provided.
- In situations where a formal response is not mandated, we will confirm our actions to address your complaint in writing.
- We pledge to provide a resolution or a definitive outcome to your complaint within 30 calendar days from the initial receipt date.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land where we work and live. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We celebrate the stories, culture and traditions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders of all communities who also work and live on this land.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website is general in nature and is not intended to be specialist or personal advice. The information provided on our website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives or financial needs. You should consider the appropriateness of the advice to your own situation before taking any action. The information provided should not be relied upon for the purposes of entering into any legal or financial commitments. Specific investment advice should be obtained from a suitably qualified professional. If any financial product has been mentioned, you should obtain and read a copy of the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and consider the information contained within that Statement with regard to your personal circumstances before making any decision about whether to acquire the product. You can obtain a copy of the Product Disclosure Statement by speaking to a member of our team.
The advice provided in marketing material and posts by Manage Your Loans, our representatives and our partners is to be considered general advice only. It has been prepared without taking into account your specific objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this advice, you should consider the appropriateness of the advice having regard to your own objectives and financial needs. If any products are detailed in this presentation, you should obtain a Product Disclosure Statement relating to the products and consider the information provided before making any decisions.
Manage Your Loans Pty Ltd ABN 34 652 442 790 is a Credit Representative (540988) of Home Mortgage Plus Pty Ltd ACN 105 991 839 (ACL 392200)